Saturday, May 4, 2013

Semester Reflection

Picture courtesy of jenniferlynking.com
My favorite piece of literature we have read has got to the the Canterbury Tales. Some of the tales we read were pretty funny, especially the Woman of Bath. I liked the way Chaucer wrote about the characters. You could really tell if he liked them or not. He had a great imagination for making all of that stuff up!

The literature that I didn't really like was Oedipus the King. I was a good story but I got really bored during it. It was also a very weird story! Who would marry their mother and have kids with her? That's really weird and gross!

The things I enjoyed most in class was the RWLD's and reading the stories in class. I think reading it in class was better for me because then I understood the story better than reading it on my own. Blogging is also fun to do! We get to create our own blog and every Friday we had a blogging day!

Overall, I enjoyed this class! We got to read stories from different ages and from different parts of the world. I don't think I would change anything about this class! Mrs. Olson is a great teacher and taught us a lot about literature!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind word, Leah. I am so glad you enjoyed the class. I hope it has helped prepare you for some of the reading demands college life will bring to you. I have really enjoyed having you in class this semester. Thank you for all of your contributions. I wish you the very best of everything as you journey on to college. Take care!

    ReplyDelete