Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gilgamesh

Picture courtesy of unsigned.com
We just read Gilgamesh in class. I really enjoyed reading it. The thing I found very interesting was the difference of what they valued then and what we value now. There's many things that we value now that they didn't and many things they valued that we don't.



On my independent reading book, The Stranger, I have finally had a chance to read it but I've only read a couple chapters. It sucks being busy! What I've read so far was about Meursault, who is the narrator, who received a telegram saying that his mother had died. So he took four days off for work to go to where his mother lived and starts to prepare the funeral. While he is away, he meets Marie who is a former co-worker of his and they spend a day together

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you have found some time for reading. Don't forget to discuss your reactions to what you've read---which you did very well in your discussion of Gilgamesh. Summary is ok; your reactions are the most interesting!

    ReplyDelete