Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Turn of the Screw

My independent reading book that I am reading is The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. This book has two short stories in it from Henry James and the other story that I will be reading is Daisy Miller. Since I had a four hour drive to Minnesota and back, I had the chance to read to page 106 where chapter 21 starts in The Turn of the Screw. I really enjoy reading this book. It is very intense and kind of creepy! I have about 20 more pages to go to finish this short story and to go onto the next one! My next blog I will tell you guys more about the first short story and what's it all about!
Picture courtesy of photo.goodreads.com
In class, we have been reading the Iliad. We read about 3 different sections from it. I enjoyed reading it too but I think i would have rather watched the movie Troy to fully understand it. From the clips we watched from Troy, it seemed like I understood it better along with reading it. In the stories, I like how they used similes to compare Hektor as a weak and peaceful person like a dove and Achilles and a strong and powerful like a hawk.
Picture courtesy of wordpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment